Training & Education for Commercial Plumbers in Austin & San Antonio
Committed to Professionalism, New Technology & Safety
At COPPERA, LLC, we value education and are always seeking ways we can continue train ourselves and others who might be interested in the commercial plumbing industry throughout Central Texas. We do this because we strive to be the most professional and prepared plumbers, and this means remaining up to date on all technology and techniques. Because commercial plumbing projects can be large and complex, it’s important that we remain one step ahead so we can accurately plan out the project and ensure it gets completed on time and on budget.
To learn more about training and education for commercial plumbers in Austin and San Antonio, or those who aspire to be plumbers, call or contact us online today.
Our Student Opportunities
The Plumber Pipeline Program
The PHCC apprenticeship training program is challenging old methods of training to offer young people the kind of training they want and need. The apprentice will attend class for four ten-hour days once each.
Students who complete the course will be trained in a wide range of plumbing topics, including:
- Plumbing and construction site safety
- Applied math
- Plumbing drawings and plans
- Brazing and soldering
- Backflow preventers
- Sizing DWV and storm systems
- Plastic, copper, cast iron, and carbon steel pipes and fittings
- Installation of water heaters, fixtures, valves, and faucets
This program takes place at the DFW Education Center, which is located at:
1401-A Royal Lane
DFW Airport, TX 75261
We also offer the benefit of providing plumbing education to employees who are selected for the program.
In this benefit, the offer includes the following:
- Tuition payment in full: $2,505 annually and $10,000 total cost
- Lodging: $317.40 quarterly, $1,269.60 annually, and $5,078.40 total cost
- Paid wages: The rate of pay ranges from $10-15/hr. This means that students will receive $80-$120 a day, $320-$480 quarterly, $1,280-$1,920 annually, and $5,120-$7,680 total cost
Our Foreman Training Program
At COPPERA, LLC, we also have a five-year foreman training program that will take a student all the way from apprentice level to the formation of a solid career.
By the end of the program, you will:
- Have all the required tools from the COPPERA journeyman tool list
- Have two-week short interval schedules
- Have familiarity with labor hour tracking
- Be confident to handle production on projects
- Be familiar with the PO process
- Be able to make ready needs
- Handle review time for crews
- Be able to communicate timely
- Be able to use Smartsheet
- Be willing and able to step in where needed
- Be able to complete projects on time and under budget
- Be able to lead a three to four person crew and assign duties
- Participate in two leadership development classes a year
- Perform safety meetings and Stretch and Flex
- Be able to hold others accountable
- Complete JHA daily
- Lead by example
- Be current on your journeyman license
Our foreman plumbers make anywhere from $25 to $45 per hour.
Our Safety Saves Program
At COPPERA, LLC, we value safety and continually train our employees so that they remain up to date on all protocols to keep themselves and you as safe as possible. This is why we’ve partnered with United Rentals to offer a Safety Saves Program. This is for both new and existing employees, and everyone must take this course after their 90-day evaluation.
Through this program, employees will receive:
- OSHA I and II certification
- CPR certification
- Confined Spaces in Construction (CSE-C) training
- Excavation safety training for competent persons
Following completion of the program, the employee will be expected to become a safety advocate for the company, following all procedures and holding others to a higher standard. They will have their photo posted on the website for recognition, a social media post about them, management recognition, and a safety advocate hard hat sticker.
To apply for one of our training and education programs for commercial plumbers in Austin and San Antonio, give us a call at (210) 942-4541.